Count Noun
Nouns
It's not easy to describe a noun. In simple terms,
nouns are "things" (and verbs are "actions"). Like food. Food (n)
is something you eat(v). Or happiness. Happiness (n)
is something you want (v). Or human being.
A human being (n) is something you are (v).
Countable Nouns

The major division of English nouns is into
"countable" and "uncountable".
Countable nouns are
easy to recognize. They are things that we can count. For example:
"pen". We can count pens. We can have one, two, three or more pens.
Here are some more countable nouns:
- dog,
cat, animal, man, person
- bottle,
box, litre
- coin,
note, dollar
- cup,
plate, fork
- table,
chair, suitcase, bag
Countable nouns can be
singular or plural:
- My dog is playing.
- My dogs are hungry.
We can use the indefinite article a/an with
countable nouns:
- A dog
is an animal.
Countable nouns are also called "count nouns".
When a countable noun is
singular, we must use a word like a/the/my/this with it:
- I
want an orange.
(not
I want orange.) - Where
is my bottle?
(not
Where is bottle?)
When a countable noun is
plural, we can use it alone:
- I
like oranges.
- Bottles
can break.
We can use some and any with
countable nouns:
- I've
got some dollars.
- Have
you got any pens?
We can use a
few and many with countable
nouns:
- I've
got a few dollars.
- I
haven't got many pens.
"People" is countable. "People" is the
plural of "person". We can count people:
There is one person here.
There are three people here.
There is one person here.
There are three people here.
ความคิดเห็น
แสดงความคิดเห็น